Friday, October 06, 2006

I brought this up to a couple of people yesterday and I figured I'd bring it up to the rest of the world, or to the two people that actually read this.

For years we have been looking for cures to various different diseases and other worldly problems. Granted I am not a scientist and have no clue what research has been done, but I feel that one area of research has probably been neglected.

I honestly believe that our bodily wastes are of extreme importance, but we just don't know it yet.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Have we ever tested sperm outside of for reproductive or venereal diseases. Have we ever used it not to test what's inside but to test what it can do to other things outside of an egg. One of these tiny microscopic little things can create an entire human being. A whole human! Now think about if we put one of those suckers inside a cancer cell or something. I'm sure some sort of reaction would occur. You're saying that if I put a little piece of Muhammad Ali inside some sort of diseased cell it wouldn't kick that disease's butt? I think it would. Have we tried? I have no idea. Am I explaining what stem cell research kind of is? No clue either. All I'm saying is that something that small and that powerful has to have some other use for it. How could it not or have we just not looked for one.

Urine? It's gotta do something. One day we will realize that we can use it to start a car instead of gas. (I can't remember if that is a creative thought, I saw it in a movie, heard it or it's actually in the process of occuring right now. For the sake of the blog, I'll say I thought of it). Urine, albeit waste, has plenty of vitamins and minerals in it. Maybe we'll find that it's actually good for flowers or crops or something. I mean, bowels are good for fertilization. I'm not sure if human bowels are but other animal bowels are. So if all they eat is grass, and we consume far more nutrients than they do, wouldn't our bowels be even better. If that's the case, again, it's gotta be good for something. Have we tested either of these things on plants, human processes, etc? Some people still drink their own urine because ...actually I'm not too sure, but I'm pretty sure I've read that some people still do. Well, they're not dead so it's gotta do something.

Blood? It contains a lot of good stuff in there; Red blood cells, white blood cells that fight diseases, and whatever else it's transporting throughout the body. What happens if we rub it on some diseased cells, forcing it in there as opposed to just letting it flow through the body hoping it will do something? Would the red blood cells fight it; would the oxygen it's carry kill it? What if we fed it to sick animals or poured it in some soil where plants grow? Could have a magic bean stalk effect or something.

All I am saying is that the possibilities are endless. For anyone who is a future scientist or doctor or even politician, as stupid as some things sound, you never know until you try it. And if you figure something out...Give me some of the credit
-------------

This is an addendum to this article, which really is the basic underlying point and question of it.

There is so much research being done in trying to find the cure for cancer and AIDS, yet how many people actually collaborate with their information. Billions of dollars could be in motion for tests that is already being done yet no one has any idea that such is the case.
Now I am not sure how the currect setup for cancer research is laid out, and whether or not the american cancer society or the government does what I am about to say, but changes clearly have to be made.
What I suggest is a government run cancer research information depository (CRID (might as well have an acronym)) where everyone who does any research, has to give all of their information and data to this database. That way, people could see what exact research has been done, and if it was, then they can either try to improve upon it, or try their next idea.
To squash the idea that everyone wants to create the cure for cancer, all the research is automatically "patented" so that anyone who wants to improve upon it would have to share the earnings and the notoriety with the researcher who created the original work.

If everybody worked together and communicated, our problems, in any realms of life, would be solved immeasurably quicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home